Enjoy your visit and spread the word on studying abroad to wonderful countries.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Heading Home

I have finished my final exams for my courses and I am packing my bags to go home. Previously for final exams I have studied but I will say I have worked my hardest this semester and it feels good to be done.  This experience has been phenomenal with something interesting happening almost every day. I have been able to broaden my horizon and learn more about life. As I look into future, I feel that I am capable of living anywhere and accomplishing anything.  I laugh about times when I felt my life in United States was hard and now I know a different way of life.
Throughout the semester, I have been speaking with a former student who studied abroad in Ghana and he described the experience as being “unplugged from the world”, and I totally agree. In a person’s normal surroundings it is very easy to stay busy with work, school, family, and daily tasks of life but when you are not in that setting you’re able to see life from a different view without any interference. From August to December, I have written about my experience on this weekly blog and in a journal to have memories of this trip for years to come. I feel this experience will have a positive effect on the rest of my life and how I perceive things.
Tomorrow I will be saying good bye to my Ghanaian friends and leaving Kumasi and heading to Accra. The bus trip is approximately 5 hours, and then I will fly from Accra to Atlanta. I am actually excited about arriving to Atlanta’s Airport. The first thing I will buy is food. Pizza, French fries, and ice cream will be bought and enjoyed until it is fully consumed. There is nothing like the unhealthy American food. The weather here is humid and hot and in Michigan it is cold with the temperature below freezing. It is funny when I  talking to my mom this week she asked me what coat and boats did I want to have when I arrive at the airport. It is going to be interesting to see how I adjust to my normal life.
Until next week….which will be the last blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment