Enjoy your visit and spread the word on studying abroad to wonderful countries.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone has enjoyed the holiday with their love ones. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving is not celebrated here in Ghana. Even though it is not celebrated, I took time out my day to thank about all the things I am thankful for. When this week started, I was trying to figure out what my topic would be for this week’s blog. On Tuesday around 7am, I came back from jogging to take a shower to prepare for class at 8am. I got in the shower and I had completely covered myself with soap when the water cut off. I had to get out, put clothes on and take my bucket to the polytank to get water to finish bathing. All I could do was laugh and at that very moment, I knew I would write about all the things I am thankful for in my life on this week’s blog.
As I have spent time in Ghana, I have been able to see many things in my life that I have taken for granted that I do not have currently. Things such as hot water, electricity and water running consistently without interruption, air conditioning, high speed internet, sanitation, and this list can continue. On the other hand, I do have some things I am thankful for since I have been in Ghana. I am thankful for meeting great people that have help me adjust to living here, my mom visiting me for 2 weeks, people such as yourself taking interest in my blog, being in good health, learning about a different cultural and academic system, and overall having a fantastic study abroad experience.
 When I did an overview of the past year there are many things that I am thankful for in my life such as:
·          Being a child of God
·         Having the best MOM in the world
·          A Loving family who always supports me.
·         To have all my grandparents still living and a great grandmother
·         Loving and supportive boyfriend
·         Being an American Citizen
·         Being able to attend college and have scholarships that cover of all my expenses.
·         Having all my needs meet and majority of my wants
·         My health which seems to get better as a get older
·         Obtaining internships with major companies
·         Learning to always enhance my life
·         Not being hindered from mistakes I have made
·         Having the opportunity to see another year

For everyone who is shopping on Black Friday, shop for me too! Enjoy the holiday season with the ones who mean the most to you. As I read my book Purpose Driven Life the most important thing in life is LOVE and the relationships we have with one another. I know sometimes everyone gets so busy with work, school, and the things that must be done to survive in life, but take time to tell the ones who mean the most you to that you Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment